Los Conquistadores De Pupusas

We are the conquerors of the tasty pupusas! The rest of you live vicariously through us.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Get ya mota runnin!

Ok, so Dan's clearly been dominating me in the blog posts department, but thats all about to change. Starting with this momentous update....

We got MOTORCYCLES!! Oh ya! Me, Dan and Steve (best friend of the Conquistadores) recently purchased Suzuki EN125 street bikes! Ok, I'll try and stop abusing the exclamation mark now. This was something we'd been talking about for a while, but seemed like it would fizzle out like so many other overly ambitious plans. Then out of the blue, Steve laid down the law, "Guys, we going to the lake this weekend, and we're getting bikes before we go." Whatever sort of rational reasoning Dan and I had was no match for such conviction. We got the bikes.

Since one of the reasons for the bikes is a possible road trip back to Vancouver, we thought it would be best if we all got similar bikes. It would kind of suck for everyone if one guy had to make twice as many fuel stops as everyone else, or couldn't keep up on the highway. After a lot of research we settled on the EN125 because of its gutsy motor (14 hp in 125cc ain't bad), reliability and of course its killer looks (see pics below). Also when the three of us rocked up to the Suzuki dealer and asked for 3 of 'em, we got a pretty sweet deal.

Right now we're still going through the agonizingly slow process of breaking in the new motors. We're making every reasonable effort to keep the revs and motor load down until the parts all properly seat, however some taxing of the bikes is unavoidable. Dan made the 3 hour trip to the lake with a female companion on the back the first weekend he had his, and I chivalrously drove 2 girls home (at the same time) one night this week. Down here, 125cc bikes are family vehicles though. Just last week I saw a family of 4 on a Honda CG125 cruising comfortably through Xela.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll hear more about the 2-wheeled thunder in the not-too distant future. Until then enjoy the pictures.

Dave



There she is in all her glory. 14 caballos waiting
to be unleashed!


Dan and I on a late afternoon ride to Fuentes
Gorginas last week. We are on a mission to make
1000 kms ASAP so we can start opening these
beauties up a bit.


You can see the steam coming up from the
ground in the area around these natural
hot springs. Another beautiful moment brought
to you by fossil fuels!

1 comment:

meg said...

Where do I sign up to be a female companion? And more importantly, how soon do you boys plan on wearing leather and growing proper beer bellies? Actually, I may wait to sign up until you've satisfied the latter.