Los Conquistadores De Pupusas

We are the conquerors of the tasty pupusas! The rest of you live vicariously through us.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Microbes stake out their territory

So all those poor little parasites, amoebas and bacterias we spoke of in our last post have wasted no time in taking up asylum in our stomachs and intestinal tracts. In fact, there has been such a rush of microbial refugees to our stomachs that gastro-intestinal sicknesses have been sweeping through the ranks of A.I.D.G. (our volunteer organization).

Of our coworkers and friends, here's a breakdown:

ALL - diarrhea (bacteria and/or virus) at some point or other, some presently as you read this
4 - Amoeba intestinal infections
1 - Bladder infection (bacteria)
1 - Malaria (not really related to eating pupusas)
2 - Dengue fever (neither is this one)

Now while I pride myself on being a good host, I also pride myself on having a functioning digestive system. So we have decided to turn a potentially unpleasant chore - getting stool samples - into an exciting contest - Stool Sample Day!

All the AIDG interns are going down to the local clinic to get the scoop on our poop and the winner will be the person harbouring the most intestinal visitors - the Host of the Month. We are hoping that regular stool samples will allow us to continue to thwart death while still recklessly devouring pupusas.

Contest updates to follow... stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow blogger, I am praying that you both don't die. I mean, I like infectious dudes as much as the next guy, but you two are a far superior race that the world would be amiss to lose so soon.
--- Keri Haywood