So Dan and I had a pretty productive weekend working on the brick oven and the chicken coop, the latter of which is almost finished. Don't worry, more details (probably many more) on these projects will follow.
We also invented a new game that is basically giant ping pong, using our whole backyard for the table. We broke a cutting board in half to make paddles and used a plastic soccer ball for the pong ball. Appropriate infrastructure at its finest (A.I.D.G.). After dominating Dan in the inaugural tournament, I decided to climb up our large concrete wall in celebration (with my drink). The view was awesome as I basked in my athletic prowess. Being such a clearly excellent idea, Dan and Meg soon joined me on the wall and we enjoyed a few drinks while balancing on top of the protruding re-bar.
On the way down though, I accidentally stepped on this long, unsupported piece of PVC pipe that supplies water to our outdoor sink. It broke (unsurprisingly) and started gushing water everywhere. While Dan and Meg were laughing uncontrollably on top of the wall, I ran around in a drunken stupor trying to find a valve to shut the thing off. Since we have to pay for our water, time was of the essence. Unable to find a shutoff valve of any sort, we decided the quickest and best way to solve the problem was - wait for this... to sharpen the handle of a nearby toilet brush and ram it into the pipe stub. The first few times I tried to ram it in, it just created a jet of water soaking everyone and shooting the toilet brush back out. Finally I got the brush to stick. The repair was super sketch though and it seemed fairly likely that someone would eventually suffer the indignity of getting impaled by the toilet brush when it shot out of the pipe. By this time though, Dan had controlled his laughter spasms and using a cinder block, rammed the toilet brush in real good.
The repair worked like a charm and held up until the next morning when I found the main shutoff valve and was able to fix 'er up proper. Enjoy the pics below.
Dave
2 comments:
Gee that reminds me of when my brother & I used to play football with an empty plastic detergent bottle. we did this for months. (You'd think we were brought up in a 3rd world country).
up on the wall, you look like the karate kid. or at least some sort of ninja type fella.
Post a Comment