Los Conquistadores De Pupusas

We are the conquerors of the tasty pupusas! The rest of you live vicariously through us.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Working hard or hardly working...

Unfortunately, at the moment it seems to be the former. Lately work seems to be really interfering with what I consider my primary occupations: playing music, riding around on the motorcycle and of course writing for Los Conquistadores De Pupusas.

Seeing as though all this time is being squandered on work, I though I might as well write a quick post to let everyone know what I'm doing. My big project of the moment is building an anemometer (wind speed measuring device). It is going to look kind of like a weather vane when finished and will record the wind conditions at a potential wind turbine site. We're going to install in a community near Coban for about a month to see if we can set up some wind power for the people there. I'll try and post some pictures when it starts to look interesting.

I'm also working on casting some new pelton cups (which are turbine parts) for a micro-hydro system in Nueva Allianza. I haven't really done anything on this project yet, but I'm totally stoked to start playing around with the casting furnace that another intern built. This could be one of the few projects where I feel the need to wear closed shoes as opposed to sandals.

I'm also headed out to check out a new potential micro-hydro site tomorrow. These visits are always interesting and usually accompanied by the eating of several dozen tortillas per meal. Yum.

There's lots of more interesting stuff I have to report on, but it will have to wait for another post. Just to keep our readership interested, some of the upcoming posts will be: "The Vigilantes of Funk", "Independencia", "Home Improvement" and "Concrete Slides: Economical Playground or Silent Killer". Stay Tuned!

Dave

No comments: